ASMAE accepts donations in cryptocurrency
The Sister Emmanuelle Association (ASMAE) has declared in a tweet that she now accepted cryptocurrency donations.
Asmae appeals to all forms of generosity and diversifies its means of support!
We now offer the possibility to all holders of #cryptocurrency to make a #cryptodon to support vulnerable children.
To know more https://t.co/taAoFjkTL2
– Asmae (@Asmae_ONG) December 21, 2021
ASMAE was created in 1980 by Sister Emmanuelle, a symbol of the cause of the underprivileged in France. The Sister Emmanuelle Association specializes in child development and is recognized as being of public utility.
👉 To go further – Vitalik Buterin donates $ 1.5 billion to associations by selling his “same coins”
A partnership with a French company
In order to make this initiative possible, the NGO has partnered with Zebitex, a platform of cryptocurrency trading based in France. For the moment, donations are possible with the following cryptocurrencies:
- Bitcoin (BTC);
- Ethereum (ETH);
- Tether (USDT) on the ERC20 network;
- Dogecoin (DOGE);
- Avalanche (AVAX);
- Binance USD (BUSD) on the BEP20 network.
As with traditional donations, the Sister Emmanuelle association offers its donors to receive a tax receipt once the donation has been converted into euros. To be eligible, you must reside on French territory and submit your request to the association before make your donation.
For its future donors, Asmae declares on his donation page :
“In honor of the most Rock and Roll good sister, Asmae appeals to all forms of generosity and diversifies its means of support. Asmae offers the possibility to all cryptocurrency holders to make a cryptodon. “
A non-isolated initiative
Indeed, cryptocurrency donations are on the way to become commonplace. Other charities accept them today. Among them we can notably mention:
- CARE, which works in more than 100 countries to help populations in difficulty overcome humanitarian crises;
- L’Unicef, which is dedicated to improving and promoting the conditions of children around the world;
- Foor for Life Global (FFL), which organizes the distribution of vegetarian meals all over the world;
- L’American Liver Foundation (FAL), which works against liver disease;
- L’Pet bee, a French association which fights against the extinction of bees by offering professionals and individuals the option of adopting beehives;
- SOS Children’s Villages, which works in Africa to give children more access to education.
This list is obviously not exhaustive and there is no doubt that more and more associations will accept donations in cryptocurrency since the latter become of more and more popular.
Note that to date, donations of digital assets made to associations are not always subject to tax deductions. In the case of ASMAE, the cryptocurrencies you donate are immediately converted into euros. This allows you all the same to benefit from tax deductions, in particular thanks to the tax receipt that the association provides you.
👉 To read on the same subject – Taxation of cryptocurrencies in France, taxation soon to be reduced?
Receive a recap of crypto news every Sunday 👌 And that’s it.